Monday, January 1, 2018

Lambert SP260T Timekeeper speakers

My 1st encounter with these particular Lambert speakers were at a record shop in Singapore. The pair in that record shop were in plain black cabinets, not the beautiful wood finishing, as per pix below.

Pix of Lambert SP260T from AudioEnz

Lambert is a brand of New Zealand speakers (no longer in business). I am surprised to have not encountered them when in NZ.

That pair of  SP260T in the record shop was driven by a Jungson J88 integrated amp - just sound absolutely marvelous! Definitely helped the owner sell many CD(s) and LP(s)!!! 

Moment I asked the owner regarding the speakers, his instantaneous reply were along the lines of "...not for sale...". I just wanted to confirm the brand and model as there were no visible markings on the front of the cabinet.

A few months later, I was in a discussion regarding speakers deployed in record shops and this pair of pyramid looking speakers came up with gusto - many tried to buy them off the owner without success!

Too bad Gary Lambert sold the business. Would have loved to obtain a pair for my own pleasure.

8 comments:

  1. I have a pair of SP280 timekeepers from garry lambert.
    Fantastic pair of speakers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there

      Would you part with you SP280. Based im Aucklad

      Delete
    2. Hi I also have a pair. Would you be able to email me a picture of yours?
      Kodie.p@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Is the sp280 the same sp280 timekeepers? I have a pair of SP280 with a rectangle box with a single angled slope side enclosure, 2 ribbon tweeters 2 mid and 2 mid bass in each enclosure. I am interest to know more, I have had these speakers since the early 90s and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ought to be a part of a tournament for one of the highest quality blogs on-line. I am going to suggest this site! audionic speakers price

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of the SP260T units, with slight modification, have replaced one of the reed tweeters with a dome tweeter and altered the loom setup to suit. These Babies have been in storage for over a decade (in a dry warm environment), they still sound great however I no longer have a good enough Amp. to drive them properly.
    With great sadness I will be selling them, probably on TradeMe in New Zealand. If you know of anyone interested let them know, will be auctioning next month some time NOV. 2021

    Cheers
    Ian

    ReplyDelete